Tax Relief Services specializes in helping individuals and business with tax problems.

If you need tax preparation or if you have tax problems, we can help!

Why should I hire a tax professional if I owe taxes to the IRS?
Income tax preparation and IRS tax collection issues are separate areas of expertise and practice. Just because someone knows how to prepare your tax return does not mean that they can help you with IRS tax issues. Experience is king so you should make sure that if you do get someone to help you they have practical experience in dealing with the IRS and tax problems.
Which tax professional should I hire?
Usually you don't need to hire a tax professional. However, when you do need to hire one, there are only three categories of professionals that can legally represent you before the IRS. They are the enrolled agent (EA), a CPA and an attorney. An attorney, might be familiar with the law, but may not have the practical knowledge of basic income tax issues and IRS payment options. Generally you only need an attorney when you plan on going to tax court, have a criminal tax issue, or are planning a bankruptcy. There is a misconception about all certified public accountants (CPAs) being experts in all tax issues. Income taxes and accounting are two different areas of practice. An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of practicing, that is representing taxpayers, before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can practice before.

  • Recent News

Check out the most recent tax information and keep up to date with changes to IRS tax regulations.

See All »


Beretania Office

Click to open larger map

Exercise caution and common sense if you hire a tax professional to help you. Experience is critical. Generally you do not need an Attorney to resolve a tax issue, but you should use an Enrolled Agent or a CPA. Check with an organization such as the Better Business Bureau before paying out money and make sure you know what the contact terms and conditions are. Pay by credit card in the event of a dispute, you may be able to dispute the charge.

Click for the BBB Business Review of this Tax Return Preparation in Honolulu HI