Recent News

I owe taxes on my tax return what should I do?

I am often asked by my Clients that owe taxes if they should file the Tax Return by the due date.

In my opinion, if you owe taxes and cannot pay the full amount due, you should still file the tax return.

Why file the tax return if you can’t pay! By filing the tax return with a balance due by April 15, you significantly reduce the penalties that will be accessed because there are two main penalties, the failure to pay penalty and the failure to file penalty.

If you cannot pay the full amount due or any of the balance due, still mail in the tax return. The IRS will send you a bill. When you receive the billing you can probably arrange for a short term extension of time to pay or you should be able to set up an installment agreement with the IRS.

If you need additional help in dealing with the IRS or help in setting up an extension or installment agreement with the IRS, please contact our office by going to our website at

Beretania Office

Click to open larger map

Exercise caution and common sense if you hire a tax professional to help you. Experience is critical. Generally you do not need an Attorney to resolve a tax issue, but you should use an Enrolled Agent or a CPA. Check with an organization such as the Better Business Bureau before paying out money and make sure you know what the contact terms and conditions are. Pay by credit card in the event of a dispute, you may be able to dispute the charge.

Click for the BBB Business Review of this Tax Return Preparation in Honolulu HI

Copyright ©2013. All Rights Reserved.